- Distance: 602KM
- Elevation: 4,500 Meters
- Start: Andrésy, France
- Check Points: 6
My setup was nearly identical to my 400km Brevet. That said, I could have packed a few additional items if my strategy was more solid. If I knew I was stopping to sleep, I would have packed a light sleeping bag, and additional layer of clothing in the event I had to sleep outside. One additional consideration was another rear light. During my bike check before the ride, organizers recommended I carry 2 red tail lights. Many of the essential items though are the same.
600KM Equipment List
- Bike: 2018 Cannondale Synapse HM Disc
- Gearing: 50/34,12/28
- Tires: 32c Continental GP 5000 tubeless
- Top tube bag
- Frame bag
- Saddle bag w/ dry bag
- 2 X 750ml water bottles + 500ml bottle for overnight water
- Nutrition for 18 hours (one energy bar or gel per hour)
- Electrolyte/ Calorie Tabs
- Extra gloves, base-layer, socks
- 800 lumen front light / spare commuter light
- Rear red light
- Battery pack
- Wahoo ELEMNT GPS computer, 1 spare GPS computer
- Tool roll w/ patches, multi-tool, spare link, inner tubes, chain lube, etc.
- Hand pump
- Waterproof pouch for money and phone
- Small toiletry bag with aspirin, chamois cream, tissues, spare contact lens
- Yellow eyeglass lens for night riding, regular eyeglasses if needed
I’m off to Paris-Brest-Paris! Eventually. The next 2 months will be difficult. I will attempt to maintain fitness and continue to test bag setups and refine my packlist. I have also decided to invest in a power meter so that I can better pace myself on multi-day efforts. Using heart rate and speed is good, but the numbers geek in me always wants to see another metric. It will help to gauge calories burnt (and needed) more accurately as well.
There is no science in what you need, and depending on terrain and conditions, it will change. I will plan a bikepacking trip and a 300KM non-stop BRM to keep my legs and head in a place that will be ready for the start in Rambouillet. Stay tuned for a post on my final bike setup for this August and a check-in before the big day. I hope you have found these reports helpful in your own preparations. Check out our other Brevet Reports and if you have any questions or comments, leave them below! Thanks and see you on the road!
Error: There is no connected account for the user 1737603439 Feed will not update.